Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Just a ragged clown

Muttering nothing, staring at the wall, I'm outside in the hall
Thinking about you, the road, and packing my bags
headin outside... into the rain... pitter patter, streaming down.
It's dark, the wee hours of the jingle-jangle morning.
Rocking away, hugging your arms, tears on your face,
pain replaced by more pain, in waves,
so sweet and heartbreaking and tragic and magic
Hey what do you say?
How is it you always manage to make me feel this way?

Play a song for me,
I'm not sleepy and there is no place I'm going to.


The miles race by, my only company in the drop top g-ride
gila monsters and spiders, snakes and stars, and itty-bitty spacemen on mars
Coffee and methamphetamine race through my veins. In my brain.
4 cc's running hard, no turning back, no looking back, no regrets or final thoughts... only the pain... so heartbreaking, tragic, and magic.

Take me on a trip upon your magic swirlin' ship,
My senses have been stripped, my hands can't feel to grip


Bittersweet memories that's all we ever have in the end...

...oh and death.

11 comments:

LeeLoreya said...

que raro...mr tambourine is everywhere these days.

there is something grey and clouded and quiet here that is rather soothing to observe.

Hermes said...

Puzzy. Here, borrow some of my white noise.

LeeLoreya. Clouded like a milky scab dropped in a glass of lemonade.

Vex. You too?!?

You and I have more in common than I could have ever thunk possible.

Valerene said...

it's hurts to read what you wrote. i remember feeling that way, minus the drugs. you write in such a way that i can literally feel your pain. and the magic of it as well. sometimes i'd like to think that i don't want to be capable of feeling anything, and then i think what life would be if i couldn't feel...and guess what, i'd rather feel tragically sad than not feel. did this really happen in your past?

darkmuze said...

Poetic and poignant.

Adrian said...

The insomnia is The Sickness. C'mon, all the kool kids are doin' it!

Leeloreya has a point, Senor Tambourine has been popping up quite a lot lately in movies and conversation.

Parting is such sweet sorrow, eh, Hermes?

Adams Avenue said...

Ah! You're alive?!

I missed you and your decadance.

As for this piece - I couldn't agree with you more. The bittersweetness of life's memories always make me smile.

no regrets. . . heartbreaking, tragic and magic

Rae Ann said...

I was there.

Mad Munkey said...

You have great word patterning...

Sealegs said...

pain and magic... beautifully written. and oh, how i understand that feeling. bitter sweetness.

-G.D. said...

...and when you finally walk away, without having to look back; a guilty smile reminds you that you are still intact... After another storm of what-if's.

Hermes said...

Valerene. It's happened in all of our pasts... minus the drugs...

Darkmuse. Here I thought this paragraph I half-heartedly scribbled up on a dive bar napkin was neither.

Thanks.

Aydreeyin. Damn! I've been so out of the loop. I had no idea Tambourine Man was so hot right now.

Colonialave. Careful. Any more decadence and you could get some cavities.

Rae-Ann. And you survived it. That's good.

Mad Munkey. I want my words to sound pretty and make readers chuckle with delight as they read them.

Tattooed Brain. Giving up on writing is like quitting smoking cold turkey. I think I might need to buy the blogger's patch.

Sealegs. Arrrr matey. It hurts doesn't it? Like walking the plank and then being torn apart limb by limb by a pack of hungry sharks.

G.D. This guilt is what reminds me what a cold-hearted asshole I am which in turn reminds me my heart still beats... or doesn't beat in this instance.