Friday, October 14, 2005

Bonnie Parker...

You ask me why I carry a loaded gun. You really don’t know me do you? I stare at you with dark eyes saying nothing. I can’t provide an answer – I’m lying, actually I can, but I don’t want to. The truth could hurt… it really could. But guess what? Although you think I didn’t see it, I did. It lasted for an instant, a passing flash, a microburst supernova erupting beneath your eyelids when I pulled out the gat and carefully set it up on your hope chest among your girlish, garish knick-knacks and cheap crap. Dilated eyes. Accelerated heart rate. A subtle flutter in your stomach spider-webbing north to your flushed cheeks and way south. Warmer. Wetter. Getting better.

Danger. Just a hint of it glints across your thoughts like a skipping stone across a murky pond. I take off my shirt. The fact my body is covered in scars and tats, a twisted windy road map, adds to the forbidden element of the upcoming act. You lay on your bed looking up at me with those innocent eyes… or should I say feigning innocence. Beneath the façade lies something dark. The teddy bears and pink sheets may hoodwink your piece of shit, molester dad, but oh no, not me.

We could write some amazing songs, you and I… songs to make you want to slit your wrists by.

Hand in mine, into your icy blues
And then I'd say to you we could take to the highway
With this trunk of ammunition too
I'd end my days with you in a hail of bullets.

12 comments:

RuKsaK said...

You filthy wielder of words. That was a feast and I'm bloated on it. Great stuff - get thee to a publisher.

Adams Avenue said...

All we are, all we are
Is bullets I mean this.


Nice choice.

I can feel the anger and frustration in this post.

I love the word "hoodwink." I think I'm going to steal it from you.

Hermes said...

Sar. 1prod·i·gal 1 : recklessly extravagant 2 : characterized by wasteful expenditure : LAVISH
3 : yielding abundantly : LUXURIANT --

Ruksak. Feast and purge my man. Feast and purge.

Colonialave. No prob. Although I think Bamboozle is an even better word for you to use.

Hermes said...

Well then I'm lost. Care to explain the quote to me? Maybe I'm

1stu·pid 1 a : slow of mind : OBTUSE b : given to unintelligent decisions or acts : acting in an unintelligent or careless manner c : lacking intelligence or reason : BRUTISH
2 : dulled in feeling or sensation : TORPID
3 : marked by or resulting from unreasoned thinking or acting : SENSELESS
4 a : lacking interest or point b : VEXATIOUS, EXASPERATING

Rae Ann said...

Hermes, I think you've invaded my imagination and carried away bits and pieces. LOL, no, not really because what you create is so much better!

Mad Munkey said...

Fantastic 'til the end... Hail of bullets? Little cliché for you don't you think? Otherwise wonderful. Love the stone skipping analagy.

extraspecialbitter said...

reminds me of an obscure lyric:
bottomless hole, rock n roll, take me on a blatant doom trip...

Hermes said...

Rae-Ann. Live vicariously through me Rae-Ann. That's why I'm here.

Vex. And the day after that the word will be pedantry.

Munkey. I know, I know. I HAD to use those lyrics though.

Extraspecial. Those are very obscure. I've never even heard of that band. But...

I like it.

Puzzy. The end? Where these two characters cross America robbbing banks and gas stations... and then die hand in hand in a blazing shoot-out with a Los Angeles SWAT team?

Adams Avenue said...

Hmmmm bamboozle your "hoodwink"

Sounds kinky.

I'll take it ;)

MrRyanO said...

Hermes! Well done, Man! I'm loving that first paragraph a lot and found some dual meanings there...depending on what mood I was in while reading it...I know that makes no sense, but fuck it, it's Monday!

Anyway, I really dig this piece. So, when did you say you were getting some work published? Why should we be the lucky few to read you...share it with the world, Man!

the green fairy said...

Well never again, and never again,
They gave us two shots to the back of the head,
And we're all dead now.


nice job. i love the ending lyrics and their irony. i'm glad you've been "enlightened". ;)

emeralda said...

yeah, exactly, go ahead and paint my moods into the sinister skies above me......