Friday, May 06, 2005

Taking out the Rubbish

I’m not really one to dwell on current affairs but I thought I’d give my take and state my case on a few things that really bother me as of late. At first I thought I’d craft an adorable little “Amelie”-style list numbered 1-50 but that’d be unoriginal.

What is up with Reality TV? Why is every one of them being marketed as “the next, great human drama” or some other equally aggravatingly misleading title like that? Human Drama, what? Trust me folks, if you have time to tivo and re-watch this schlock you MUST have way too much time on your hands, like Pat O’Brien with a tissue box and an unlimited minute calling plan? Yes, I confess I’ve tuned in to the Britney and meal-ticket show….well…no not really, I’m playin’ yo. I don’t really have time for TV what with farting out all of these stupid posts.

Speaking of posts, I’ve been examining my work, critiquing my crap, and I’ve noticed I might not be writing on a deep enough intellectual level. My writing doesn’t have that cerebral edge. You know lines like “the swirling soup of my consciousness teleports me to the apex of atmospheric degradation. Like a scared shitless cosmonaut on cruise control soaring 5,000 miles above sea level, the abysmal solitary confinement of the padded cell of my thoughts relentlessly…” Yeah, that kind of stuff. My writing may be too raw. It isn’t tight nor is it solid. I've been told it’s shakier than Katherine Hepburn on crack.

I recently submitted some of my work to an on-line poetry site. It got torn apart. Of course almost every member of said site goes by the name of “Sage-beauty” or “Willow Breeze” or “Wicca Goddess.” I’d bet you a buffalo nickel most of these fat bitches own about 20 cats apiece and only eat organic, vegan treats (in public that is…twinkies and fried chicken while at home, washed down with a diet Coke)

Note to self: swing by Border’s and pick up a copy of “Grammatically Correct.”

Hey Sar, there’s been rumors on the internet’s…Bush, god what a dip shit. Hey, pull out of Iraq and let them be a sovereign nation. Waitaminute, they already are a sovereign nation because, as we all know, a sovereign nation is a nation that is sovereign. A nation that is in a state of….sovereignity (if that’s even a word) Ya see, we’re GIVING them the gift of sovereigninity. We’re giving them cute little Eye-Rack-ey folks…freedom. Guiding them.

Bush, do you realize the entire world fucking hates us/you? I hate you…you greedy fuck. Politics were never my strong suite.

Last but not least, I’d like to thank my mom on this wonderful upcoming mother’s day. You taught me superficiality, ignorance, and materialism. The day I see you again will be much too soon.

No comments: