Tuesday, May 03, 2005

05/02/05

I received a very sad e-mail today. It was from a woman whose son's best-friend killed himself yesterday morning. He was only seventeen. She mentioned that I have commented on his blog as well as her son's blog in the past. At first I had no idea who this could be as she didn't leave a URL address or a blog title. However, upon a little research I deduced who he is. Chad Brandos commented on my blog once. I don't know if this is the right thing to do, but his blog address is http://blog.chadbrandos.com/.

Suicide is a strange thing. I went back and read some of his entries and there really isn't any indication life was all that bad for him. His last few entries he talked about his prom. There's even a picture of him, he's not a bad looking kid. He reminds me a lot of myself at that age. Akward, a little geeky, dealing with acne and shyness, into sci-fi, shit like that. What really gets me is his last entry posted on May 2, 2005, the entry title is "Goodnight" and it simply reads: "It’s time for sleep." The comments were turned off.

No mother or father should have to outlive their son.

UPDATE: I've confirmed Chad's passing, his obituary may be viewed HERE.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was doing an image search and came across Chad's site tonight. After reading his latest posts, I went to his friends' blogs and was very suprised to read what had happened. Just like you, I felt a personal connection to Chad, I'm a dorky kid and whatnot, we probably share a lot of similar traits. I wasn't sure if I should believe it so I did a google search and found his obituary and then your blog.

I commented to ask you if you knew any more information about Chad and/or his motives. I'd feel weird asking anyone with personal connections as I don't want to seem too nosy or stir up more emotions.

-Matt