Monday, July 18, 2005

In her aspect...

We met on a beautiful, sunny day sometime in March. I was at the park, in an argyle sweater, slacks, and a long red scarf sitting on a bench busily jotting down this and that into my notepad absorbed in my thoughts, plugged into my i-pod, in the company of ducks and selfish squirrels, whom hoard twigs and nuts. I spied her quickly approaching me, leading… or I should say led... by her Black lab. I smiled and asked her about her dog. The usual fair: his name, age, if he’s a mutt or not. She smiled back, the eye contact was strong, the conversation flowed and I think I made her laugh at some stupid joke or glib remark, a seemingly insignificant chat, small banter that invariably led to me asking her for her number, and proposing to buy her dinner. Of course she agreed. Funny how you don't ever see these things... what I mean is... how small and inconsequential the truly profound seems at first.

“It was a glorious campaign and a brilliantly decisive victory. I personally drove back the Egyptian pestilence. I personally reclaimed Syria and Phoenicia. And I, Nebuchadnezzar, crown prince of Assyria, did this all in the name of power, and glory… and Babylon. It was a day that shall always be remembered and revered in our annals. The mighty Pharaoh Necho was crushed beneath my foot as I would crush an insignificant insect… his vaunted commanders eviscerated and laid out under the dry sun to feed the vultures. The spoils of war were numerous: the indispensable reclamation of our city-states, the utter destruction of Necho’s army, and most of all, the division and redistribution of their coffers… Egyptian gold, cloth, and the material possession of highest value, women.”

I flew out to Chicago to see her after 2 years of noncommunication. It was a rainy day, opressively wet and moody. The weather invariably matched my troubled mind. I was in horrible spirits as a friend had recently died and I was absolutely in no mood to reminisce about the “good old days.” All I could do was sit on the plane, trying not to weep, blankly staring out the window at the passing ground suicidally far below. I couldn’t help but wonder if I could somehow jump out, would I tumble and roll for twenty feet upon impact or would my horizontal velocity have sufficiently slowed that I would land flat with a sickening smack, and perhaps even make a hole in the ground as you sometimes see in the cartoons? Such troubled thoughts - such a fucked up mind. It was definitely a hard time.

" And then there was you... "

She picked me up at the airport with the brightest, whitest, most infectious smile I’ve ever seen. Her blue eyes sparkled with the kind of natural enthusiasm you'd find in children around Christmas. Upon seeing her my mood melted away like snow on a sunny day, in fact I couldn't help but laugh with relief and glee as she jumped up and hugged me, wrapping her legs around my waist. We kissed and embraced. She held me oh so tight… the slow, lingering embrace you'll usually find in airports or shipyards when soldiers are sent away to fight... or upon their return home. She was up to date on recent events and sincerely apologized about my friend. We drove back to her place and she pointed out landmarks and places we mutually knew, as though she owned the entire town and seeked my approval. I listened and laughed at this and that, the whole time counting down the minutes until when I would lay in her warm bed and she’d hold me while I slept.

“ You were an Egyptian beauty: a unique flower. Blessed by the gods with blonde hair and blue eyes, you stood out among the captured “slaves” as a single cloud stands out in the never-ending blue sky. My commanders quickly singled you out and brought you to my tent before the soldiers could defile you. You were presented to me in dancers attire adorned in shiny beads and shells, barely covering your ivory skin, with a veil concealing your mouth and chin, only your hypnotic, haunting eyes could be seen. I cued my musicians to play a song my mother used to sing to me when I was young that always filled my soul with mystery and sadness… and passion. You began the ritualistic dance of your homeland. Your perfect hips swayed to the tribal beat as your hands and smooth arms interlocked like serpents, the whole time your icy eyes never once leaving mine. You cast your spell on me in that trapped moment in time, conquering the conqueror. Allaying the warrior-king with your haunting beauty. That night, by candlelight, I took you as my wife… as my concubine. I swore I would keep you encased and defended as the single greatest treasure of my kingdom. I would build monuments, gardens, and towers in a feeble attempt to replicate what I saw, that savage beauty of yours that continued to haunt my waking dreams. Ever as it would seem… forever.”

She rides me, bucking her hips with eyes closed, teeth clenched, and nails raking down my chest. The orgasm hits her hard, square in the face, as she leans back, round breasts raised in the air, golden hair brushing against my thighs with her hands rested on my calves. She screams aloud, all of her inhibitions gone, and quickly reaches around and rubs her clit as she finishes coming in racking sobs and shaking fits. I watch this beautiful… thing… this act… before me. The guttural sounds she makes combined with the sensation of her body on mine and then the drugs that insistently tug… push me over the edge, no turning back. I begin to madly thrust. I quickly sit up and grab her waist and hold her close as I pound her hard. My balls explode. I lick her neck between groans, rubbing my starving hands all over her back, tasting the salt as she massages my cheek, runs her fingers through my hair, and finishes riding me, milking me dry. I stay inside her as we both sit and gaze into each other’s eyes - basking in the fulfilled satisfaction a hard orgasm brings. Like gems, they shine in the twinkling approaching dawn that peeks at us through the drawn blinds. Her gaze for the briefest of instants appears distant, as though she's recalling a memory stored away, old and ancient. Then she leans in and whispers into my ear the sweet words I’d been dying to hear since that day we met way back in March, alone in the park. Muffled words I can barely hear beneath the swirling of the sands and the wind and the beat of faraway drums.

“ Thank you..."

"Thank you for finding me after all of these years.”

43 comments:

LeeLoreya said...

I'd better hurry up because commenting box shall not stay empty long...

so where to start, it really caught me by surprise, after the so apparantly banal nora ephron-ish meeting in the park, I could picture the camera travelling beneath the ground, a dark place, the smell of incense.
or not, dunno, so I'll just leave an Empty Solemn Space of Awe here:
*





*



...

Adams Avenue said...

The passion in this piece is insane. Its dirty and rugged, yet the italic inserts break up the rugged meaningless sex they seem to be having and introduce a deep passion that is thousands of years old. The italics introduce depth to their relationship. It gives them meaning, and a deep connection that I don't think either of them feel until the drugs and orgasms subside and they realize they are connected souls from previous elegent and romantic lives.

There is an incredible male dominance included in the writing. In both the past and present life he is controlling the situation. She is his "goddess" sex toy whether he is an Egyptian king or a lowly city boy.

I like it, its dark and sexy.

LeeLoreya said...

"meaningless sex"? does that exist?

The Snakehead said...

.................

Speechless.

Mind blowing.

Hermes said...

LeeLoreya. A chance encounter in the park that leads to the realization of destiny. The catalyst... the pivotal ingredient that makes these two realize things aren't as they seem, is the sex, so raw and urgent.

Colonialave. I think I was trying to illustrate the non-continuity of reincarnation. In a previous life the guy was in the ultimate position of power, yet he was conquered and rendered helpless. When they meet again, they're rendom strangers in some random park. The guy is, as you say... a "lowly city boy" yet in the end he holds the reigns. Similair yet dissimilair. However, the passion they feel for another remains exactly the same, you're exactly right.

I'm glad you liked the piece.

Snakehead. Thanks. What about your hair? Did it blow your hair back?

LeeLoreya said...

"raw and urgent", doomed insatiable pleasure, yes.

The Snakehead said...

No, it didn't. But it did make me want to have sex with you.

LeeLoreya said...

you're the david beckham of writing hermes.



sorry, i'll take that back.

The Snakehead said...

Jay, backoff! I got dips on Hermes first.

Hermes said...

LeeLoreya. If I am, who would be my Posch? You know I don't really mind, as long as there aren't any obsessive, rabid fans out there who would lick my toilet bowl... if I had fans that is....

By the way... is "gladder" a word?

LeeLoreya said...

don't ask me, I put -er or -ity at the end of every possible word. I'm the kind of person who, if I don't watch my mouth, says "more better".

Sealegs said...

i want to have sex with you. thats all i have to say about that.

Hermes said...

Vex. A cup of smut, two tablespoons of clever, a half-a- teaspoon of plagiarism, and a whole heaping helping of verbal nicotine...

Jay. Was it Aristotle who said... melancholy men of all others are most witty?

Sizzle. Flattery will get you everywhere.

shana p. said...

I find it hard to believe anyone not wanting to have sex with you after reading THAT ;) In fact, I'm lighting up a cigarette right now, and I don't even smoke!

Seriously though, what I liked best about it was feeling the passion and the sweetness. It made me want to be that woman while I was reading, and for a few minutes afterwards.

LyZa said...

Hm... I havn't found the one to share that passion with. And I really like this part...

"Thank you. Thank you for finding me all these years."

I would definitely thank my partner too.. if I can.

jazz said...

damn. makes me want to stay in for a couple more hours instead of going to the library.

when are you going to get published already?

MrRyanO said...

Another awesome story! Aside from the passion and the eternal love, the one thing that stuck out for me was this line from the first paragraph:

"...selfish squirrels, whom hoard twigs and nuts."

Not sure why...I've always thought of squirrels as busy and playful...never knew they had this evil side.

Anyway, another brilliant story! Rock ON!

Hermes said...

Cheesecakey. Whoever she is, she's definitely a special woman.

Damned Queen. Just make sure you dont say it unless you really mean it. Those words shouldn't be spoken lightly.

Rock Dog. Wow, thanks for those very kind words. Those squirrels can be very deceiving. They WANT you to think they're playful and carefree...

Jazz. That can be arranged. You wanna order a pizza or Chinese?

Adams Avenue said...

Did you change this since your first post? You changed it a little . . . less muffled violence. I like it better - maybe only becaue I am such a romantic. I'm sure you've noticed.

I see a greater connection between the characters and this piece actually reminds me of a friend of mine that I have . . . .

Hermes said...

Colonialave. Yes, I completely changed the second paragraph. I wanted it less about the sex, drugs, and lust and more about the vulnerability of the main character.

You're definitely a romantic, yes, I've noticed. That's not a bad thing... except for the fact romantics take heartbreak a lot harder. :)

Valerene said...

what a fucking good piece of writing. exotic.

Adams Avenue said...

"Its better to have loved and lost than to not have loved at all . . . "

-Some Wise Guy.

I guess I just have SO much love to give. Muah.

But seriously, I like this version better - its deeper. I like it.

What made you want to change it?

Hermes said...

Valarene. Thanks for swinging by and taking the time to leave such a wonderful comment.

Colonialave. I just wasn't satisfied with it... I'm still not. My original intent was to write a piece about love, reincarnation, all that fun stuff, not sex. Although it is definitely important and still relevant to the piece as the passion of these two, their bond, defies time.

Adams Avenue said...

hmmm . . .maybe you should add another paragraph. Something else needs to happen - like she needs to save his life . . . or he needs to save hers. It might make the meaning deeper. Explore the depths of love.

emeralda said...

the odd circumstances if there were many, would make it deeper in a way. but i probably say that only because i like movies that make me cry and have a happy ending tee hee. but in a way it is already very odd that they meet again after two years and it makes it all the more mysterious fo the reader that we don t know whether they actually kept contact during those years or whether sth happened already back then after the dinner he invited her to.

the squirrels were interesting for me as a picture, because for some reason squirrels have a very strong sexual implication in my perception. other people would probably see the same in rabbits but squirrels are more subtil and mulit layered. it is a good introduction for me because also the sex between the characters doesn t seem totally rabbitistic to me (is that a word hermes?) but, yeah, more multilayered as well..


ahhh Hermes, as always...you know I love it.
and again, I feel you write something that I could subscribe, to, as if it was taken out of my mind. I want to have a connection like that and sex like that with my wonderful David whom I don t know at all. Actually, in my daydreams I have sex like that with him. Or should i rather say love.

SierraBella said...

This is what Casanova would be writing, if he were writing for Hustler...
Romance, eternal love and a little hard-core sex.
Another winner!

Hermes said...

Colonialave. Well in a way, they did save each other... at different times, in different lives.

Piranha. I never really thought of squirrel's as sexual beings... hm, interesting.

Perhaps one day you'll make love to David in this way, or perhaps you already do and don't realize it yet? Sometimes we have to open our eyes and allow certain experiences in. We erect walls... in self defense.

Sierrabella. Hustler? I'd like to think it'd be Cassanova writing for the Penthouse forum.

WordWhiz said...

Maybe it's the romantic in me or the fact that the line was unexpected at the end of that vivid description of animal lust and mind-blowing passion, but I have to agree that the ending was so awesome.

“Thank you. Thank you for finding me after all of these years.”

Wow...

Adrian said...

My eyes! My fragile mind!

You dirrrty bastard.

Hermes said...

Sar. What you said makes perfect sense. Perfect sense.

Wordwhiz. I'm glad the ending didn't dissapoint. I know most of my pieces usually lack endings.

Aydreeyin. Sorry about the smut factor. I know sex is OF THE DEVIL. Hey waitaminute... you ARE the devil.

Aren't you?

Adams Avenue said...

I've read this piece about four times now. Its good every time, but I find with each read I become increasingly frustrated. Frustrated only because . . . I don't know if there is a love out there like this . . . and because there isn't . . . I can never achieve it.

Adams Avenue said...

sar - you have enlightened the hopeless romantic in myself. I hope to find that love - the love I can't seem to get enough of. The love that's so bright and passionate that everyone around us feels it. . . . ahhhh . . . I just freaking love, love. . .

joanne said...

Holy shit! Is this fiction?

-G.D. said...

Got my tongue. Speechless

emeralda said...

you are right hermes, we erect a lot of walls....in both directions...

and yes, i think we can make this love happen. by letting those walls down....

Hermes said...

Jo-anne. Most of it is fiction. The basic emotion conveyed in the piece is fact.

G.D. Speechless in a good way or speechless in a bad way?

Piranha. Just be cautious you don't leave yourself completely naked and exposed when you do it. It's a delicate balancing act... and necessary

Hermes said...

Tattooed Brain. You know, you're right. Could I be a romantic?

Shhhh, don't tell anyone.

By the way, I missed ya man. Glad to see you back. :)

Nicole said...

This makes us wonder about the great love we've had in our own lives, that's not there anymore. What happens after thank you?

Seriously, what happens? Do I call him? YOU HAVE TO WRITE THE END!!!

PS: I've been offering to sleep with you for some time now!

Hermes said...

Bipolar Princess. Perhaps after the "Thank you" the two characters later found out they had created a child. Then they got married. And then they lived out the rest of their lives as best friends, passionate lovers, and doting parents...

Or maybe they had a stupid fight at the club and broke up as the bitterest of enemies and rivals

extraspecialbitter said...

the need to be "found" is at least as primal as the desire for sex. hats off for the well-crafted juxtaposition.

Hermes said...

Extraspecial. Thanks. Your words ring too true.

Experience has proven time and time again I seek (and have) the most sex when I am the most lost.

"It's only when I lose myself in someone else do I find myself."

LMB said...

So romantic and well written. So, that's how straight folks do it.

Not much of a difference...and truly inspireing.

Hermes said...

Desolation Angel. Some themes are universal. Desolation... that's another one. It transcends creed, color, and sexual orientation. Humor... well, maybe not. I laugh at really weird shit.

Thanks!