Monday, November 03, 2008

21st century Ponce de Leon

High energy, dirty electro floods my clicking-clacking skull and with guns blazing I hit the treadmill, free weights, and lap pool. Last night I turned my clock back, and tomorrow I will turn my clock back, and the next day I will turn my clock back. Winter Ruva escapades and someone told me once how nice it is to frig yourself to orgasm in a tanning bed. Your body simply melts and you drift away in a sea of indifference, like a hit of heroin and a menthol cigarette. Stolen moments alone to counterbalance my hectic vida. Ephedrine and diet Rockstar fuel this time capsule propelling forward, and at the helm a heroic space monkey shitting bricks thru a clenched sphincter. H____ told me once, in a disgusted tone, that my heart has probably aged to that of a fifty year old. I told her she has absolutely no idea. In fact last week I smoked Crystal Meth with a girl at work just for the fuck of it. And it was fun, no it really was, but I probably shouldn't taste those hot lips again, I'm not the young buck I once was.

Friends re-emerge like it's Spring. I think it might be a blast if the Illuminati get together for a reunion. The class of 2005. Complete with a punch bowl, white frosted cookies, and little smokies. I can brag about the man I once was and we can all re-tell our beautiful stories. In fact the green fairy and I had a discussion earlier about youth, creativity, and celebrity. Is it possible to re-capture lightning in a bottle lost so long ago? I go back and read my earlier epic (mis)adventures and it's as though I am reading someone else's words, someone else's work - reliving someone else's life. Was I a better writer back then? Smarter? Faster? Stronger? I'm sure my ex can confidently attest that I was, in fact, a better lover.

4 comments:

RuKsaK said...

Sooooo good to see you back. I was sure I saw another post here earlier, but there you go. I liked this - I mean I really liked it. You reminded me what it's like to read a writer on one of these things. There is stuff great stuff about time here - inspiring stuff man.

Hermes said...

Yes there was another post, but it was a bit of a downer. Had to start things on a more frenetic note. I think the gears and levers are slowly grinding to life though.. I think. Haltingly so.

emeralda said...

at least you write. i don't like crystal meth. that's fucking stupid man. :( now i'm a downer comment lol.sorry. cuz im glad your back. and i can relate to that re-reading of earlier pieces. a friend of mine sent me poems the other day and i really liked them. i asked who the author was and she laughed and said, YOU silly.
lol

LMB said...

"Is it possible to re-capture lightning in a bottle lost so long ago? I go back and read my earlier epic (mis)adventures and it's as though I am reading someone else's words, someone else's work - reliving someone else's life."

That is exactly my inclination when I started transcribing my book from my blog. WTF???!! I was thinking. Thumbing through those lurid pages, I thought, who is that simpering asshole? But, alas I look into nostalgias mirror and see my withered visage screaming in terror back.

Glad you are writing again...