Saturday, April 30, 2005

Quality, Wholesome Television

I love PBS. Yea I’m too cheap to buy cable, or maybe I'm too broke. But every now and then I need to watch something educational. Particularly, I love watching wildlife documentaries. They make me feel so alive, and so…primitive. The pathetic bleating of the fallen impala as the pack of lionesses converge in a heap always seems to stir something savage that dwells down deep. I feel compelled to strip naked and run outside and repeatedly smack a stick against a rock. Or mark the boundaries of my yard with piss. I feel compelled to jump in my oversized 73 Cadillac and terrorize student drivers and the elderly. I feel compelled to go to the club with my boys, slam 10 shots of Tequila, and incite a fight with a big, dumb meathead 3 times my size. Of course I don’t act on these primordial urges...that'd be stupid. I sure do love PBS though. I watch it all the time because I like educational things. Although I've never pledged. I think I'm too cheap...or maybe I'm just too broke.

No comments: