Friday, June 15, 2007

Waste

We have moved on, Presley and I, and you now rot in jail.

I told you that this is not the path you should choose... I told you life is different for us both now... and you didn't heed a fucking word I said. Your vicious game you continued to play, queen of lies, and then you got caught you selfish pig.

Such delicious irony. YOU got caught.

Now it's YOUR house of cards that has come crashing down, whore, because we have moved on and you continue to rot in a barren cell, I hope this forced detox is extremely painful. I can't imagine the pain and hurt and emptiness you are feeling right now....

actually I can...

Because I have been there.

And the past 8 months have been pain, hurt, and emptiness as I watched you slip away. And every day I grew more and more numb. Unlike you, unlike myself once upon a time, I chose not to self-medicate. I took it like a man. Yes, I am angry and hurt, but not for myself, but for our son. It pains me he was not your first priority as he is mine. You are and always were a pitiful mother.

Now, I am all he has. We are "each the other's world entire." And you are no longer a part of the equation. You will never be. I will not allow you near him.

Unlike you, I would never smoke Heroin in the same car I pick him up in, or in the house right next to the spot he likes to play. Unlike you I am here to protect him.

I am thankful this happened. I wanted an out but my sense of "duty" kept me in. I felt obligated to play house with you and wear a happy face and pretend the world is peachy so he would be happier. I do not regret meeting you, however. You served your purpose, I have what I always wanted, I have my immortality. The center of my universe, my beautiful, beautiful boy. You are/were a mere egg donor.

You were my greatest drug buddy, the thrill of the flesh bonded us, fused us together, but then he came, unexpectedly... I changed, but you couldn't.

I don't really give a fuck where you go from here. You are now a felon, you can never be a professional or lead a normal life. You are a hopeless addict, you will relapse again and again and again, I know you will, I know you are exceptionally weak. Perhaps you will strip or suck or fuck to get what you need... I couldn't care less really as long as you stay the fuck away from him.

Perhaps you will get busted again and spend countless years locked away and forgotten, yes forgotten, because no one will come see you. You have alienated your family. You fucked them over. Presley and I will definitely not come see you. These so-called "friends" of yours whom convinced you to use, your drug buddies, will not come and see you. You will become a memory. When people speak of you they will shake their heads and say: " Such a waste. Such a waste."

Or.... Perhaps you will go to sleep and never wake up again. Oh my god, I'm crossing my fingers you do. I know you will relapse with a fucking vengeance. Try shooting your smack. Try a line of coke with that Heroin, fuck how about some meth? lol, I promise you'll like the way you feel bitch... I promise-- and I promise I will never speak ill of you to Presley, I will tell him the good things you did, which are few. But your memory will be honored. Not for your sake, but his.

5 comments:

-G.D. said...

wow, life is too fucking ironic for words. this rings like a broken church bell for me (as you well know- remember tha old post?). well, this here...your salvation and oportunity for full redemption. presley and you have each other and that is one beautiful universe in of itself.

emeralda said...

there is no way i can tell you how i feel. how what you pour out there into the universe, affects me, because it has only very remotley to do with you. do you care? i don't know. the only thing that matters is that you care for HIM. presley is lucky and you too. i hope you will find a way to show him a way into life so he doesn't have to repeat what you and his mother did. children often do so to help carry the burden, unconsciously so but my dad can sing a song of this, he has worked with those children/teenagers for more than a quarter of a century.
as it happens me too i will go down this road so i wish you even more good luck. maybe writing a book would help. maybe that would show him, not to waste.
i love you

emeralda said...

ps. please, if that isn't too absurd, feel free to write me! please...i don't know why i say that, it sounds absurd to me actually lol. but you know, i am heavy duty into education, and if you happen to have any questions maybe a dialogue between strangers could inspire? i don't know. i am nobody. but i care.
oh and pps. i can't help but keep thinking about 'it's all over baby blue' by bob dylan now.....

Anonymous said...

Intense. Strong.
I'm blown away.

Adams Avenue said...

Presley's lucky to have you. Keep him close.